Montana Precious Gold
Montana Precious Gold © All rights reserved.
Click above to make a tax deductible donation
This button will allow you to print a PDF file.
Uniting Golden's with People for a Lifetime of Love and Happiness
Golden Retriever Rescue
Golden Retriever's Name:_______________________Date:__________
This agreement entered into this date by and between Montana's Precious Gold Rescue, hereafter MPG and the applicant and co-applicant (if appropriate) identified in the application, hereinafter the adopter, for the adoption of the above identified Golden Retriever Dog on the following terms and conditions:
1. The adopter agrees to pay MPG an adoption fee of $__________which is refundable within fourteen (14) days provided that the adopter personally returns the living dog to MPG and releases MPG of any further liability.
2. The adopter agrees to provide the dog with a good and safe home with proper care and attention. The dog is not to ride loose in the Open Bed of pick-up truck. If the dog is in the back of a truck, it must have a topper or the dog must be crated. I agree to take all measures prudent and necessary for the safety of this dog. Such measures shall include but are not limited to, installing and maintaining a fence around my home (some exceptions may apply). I understand that a fenced yard protects dog from roaming and owners liability or danger their loose dog may cause. This dog is not to be purely and outside pet. When the dog is outdoors it shall be provided protection from the elements by a dry, insulated, draft-free house and cannot be chained, cabled or tied with a rope. An exception to the previous concerning chaining would be restraining the dog in a campground or park where it would be required for the safety of the dog and others. It is further agreed the dog should be provided with shade from the sun and adequate food and water.
3. The adopter agrees this dog will be examined by a licensed veterinarian and will receive adequate vaccinations and treatments to ensure good health. I understand that this dog may have been exposed to various diseases, such as distemper or virus before getting turned into MPG. I accept the animal "as is" and MPG recommends that this dog be taken to the adopter's regular veterinarian within five (5) working days from the date of adoption. The adopter agrees to have this dog neutered/spayed by ______________.
4. I will not abuse or neglect the adopted dog. In the event MPG discovers the inhumane treatment of this dog, it is agreed MPG has the right to immediately take possession of dog upon written notice to the adopter at the residence of the dog. It is understood and accepted by the adopter that home visits may be conducted by a person representing MPG, to check on the welfare of the above named dog.
5. MPG makes no warranties or statements regarding the dog's breed, lineage, history, health or temperament. It is agreed and understood by the adopter that while every effort is made to provide accurate history and assessment of a dog, MPG does not warrant a dog regarding medical status or behavior or disposition. It is further agreed that environmental changes may effect and change the temperament of the above named dog and that MPG has no liability or responsibility of any nature regarding later defects with the dog, or injuries or damage to any person or property which may be caused by the dog. The adopter agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MPG and its members or representatives against any and all claims for any injury or property damage to the adopter or anyone else.
6. In the event it is determined by either a MPG representative or the adopter that the dog should not remain with the adopter, it is agreed the dog shall be returned to MPG (or it's appointed agent) by the adopter. No refund will be given after the initial fourteen (14) days. The dog may not at any time be transferred to another owner, given away, loaned, sold, exchanged or placed without the express written consent of MPG. If euthanasia becomes necessary, it is agreed this will be performed by a licensed veterinarian, and that the dog will not be turned over to a Humane Society or Animal Shelter for this service. MPG is available for consultation, advice and assistance in this and all other areas pertaining to the health, training, compatibility etc. of the adopted dog.
7. The adopter agrees to not violate any laws or ordinances with this dog.
8. If I fail to comply with any part of these terms outlined in this agreement, I will willing surrender the above dog to MPG upon demand. If I am uncooperative in returning the dog to MPG, I understand MPG may demand the return of the animal by judicial process or other legal means.
9. I hereby accept the possession of, title to, and responsibility for the dog identified in this adoption agreement and hereby release and discharge MPG including its officers and members from liabilities for any injuries or damages to any person or property caused in the future by said dog and from any cause of action, claims, suits or demands whatsoever, that may arise as a result of such injury or damages. I agree to hold MPG, including it's officers and members harmless from any claim or demand regarding the temperament, health, condition or other information given by its previous owners/caretakers to MPG.
Please print and bring signed form with you when picking up your dog.